Kalamna runs a Stage 1 parent and child group for children aged 0-3 years. We sing, read stories and play in everyday, conversational Arabic.
The class runs at 10.15-11am on Sunday mornings during term time at St Faith’s School in Cambridge, UK.
We are looking for a group leader to lead this class.
Essential characteristics for working with Kalamna
- Conveying a positive image of Arabic language and culture
- Using spoken, conversational Arabic as the language of instruction
- Engaging children and parents and managing behaviour positively
- Making sure attendees are safe
- Following our code of conduct and policies including safeguarding, child protection, e-safety and health & safety
Key responsibilities and duties
You will be expected to plan, prepare and deliver our Stage 1 Parent and Child class on Sunday mornings for 45min (a longer session can be negotiated, as well as additional sessions on other days). We have a structured programme to help you do this.
Qualifications and skills
- Bilingual English and Arabic
- Ability to work with young children and their parents, with a positive attitude to Spoken Arabic
- EYFS experience or qualifications