Kalamna is an award-winning Arabic language school in Cambridge, UK.
We offer weekend and evening Arabic classes to 50 children and adults, as well as masterclasses for parents and teachers, and a range of social and cultural events and gatherings. We also operate a library of Arabic books and DVDs.
We are a social enterprise set up as a Community Interest Company, and a Cambridge Social Venture at the Judge Business School, University of Cambridge. We are also a member of the Cambridge Research in Community Language Education (CRiCLE) Network at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge, and Cambridge Bilingual Groups.
We have two positions available, details below.
To apply, send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Parent and Child group leader
Kalamna runs a Stage 1 parent and child group for children aged 0-3 years. We sing, read stories and play in everyday, conversational Arabic.
The class runs at 10.15-11am on Sunday mornings during term time at St Faith’s School in Cambridge, UK.
We are looking for a group leader to lead this class.
Essential characteristics for working with Kalamna
- Conveying a positive image of Arabic language and culture
- Using spoken, conversational Arabic as the language of instruction
- Engaging children and parents and managing behaviour positively
- Making sure attendees are safe
- Following our code of conduct and policies including safeguarding, child protection, e-safety and health & safety
Key responsibilities and duties
You will be expected to plan, prepare and deliver our Stage 1 Parent and Child class on Sunday mornings for 45min (a longer session can be negotiated, as well as additional sessions on other days). We have a structured programme to help you do this.
Qualifications and skills
- Bilingual English and Arabic
- Ability to work with young children and their parents, with a positive attitude to Spoken Arabic
- EYFS experience or qualifications
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com